Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Volunteers- The Last From Peru

I couldn't complete my time away without doing justice to those were there with me. Those who smiled, laughed, cried, and worked by my side, and me by theirs. They made my time there just that little bit more incredible. 


 
Melanie- Middle. Someone who made me laugh more than most other people i have ever met, combined. She brought out the best in me, through her genuine interest in who i am, and who i am becoming. Thank you Melanie for challenging me, encouraging me, and letting me be me. You are amazing. 






My friend from NZ. She and i worked in both orphanages side by side until she left. She had a hard stay, but fought through her time there. Now works for Oxfam and saves the world one step at a time. She is great, and i have fond memories of her. 

Jessica (Yess) - Cutting my throat!!. From the states, and the oldest member of the team, but still the most loving. The most generous. The most kind. When someone ached or was sick, her concern was genuine. She really was there to serve selflessly, and did so. I gained so much insight about life from her. Greatly admired. 







Ameena- The gorgeous one in this photo. Ameena is real. She has a big smile, and an even bigger heart. 
We got on so well because she was so accepting and loving. I cant wait to visit this one in Canada because i know we will be friends for life. With some people, you just know. And with her, i know that i know that i know. We were roomies in La Merced, and i miss her like candy. 







Beth! A nurse from southern US. She was lovely. Reminded me a lot of my mum, and became very dear to me. Only had a short stay, but was long enough to remind me that good people do exist. 





Where do i start with Samantha. She became my closest friend in Peru. She helped me, taught me, loved me, stood by me, and was simply with me for most of what happened there. Without her, im not so sure i could have done as much as i did. My right hand man, though in a feminine way. A gorgeous personality, with smile to match. Spent a week traveling with her around north Peru, dont think there are too many other people who i would have rathered there with me. I miss her. 






Megan and Jana- Left (2). Came together, lived together and worked together,  and left together. Though i didnt get to learn about these two in large amounts, i did learn enough to know they are people i cherish greatly. Their fun attitudes, lifestyle and view on life meant we always had enjoyable dinner times together. 















Kathy - Right. From southern US, had a lovely impact on me. A smile to lighten a room, and a personality to match. I always enjoyed my time her her, whether it be one on one, or amongst friends. She seems to have found the secret to happiness, and i know whenever i spent time with her, i was always feeling that little bit brighter. 







Claire. Dear Claire. From Canada, and set to marry sometime in the next year or two, to a very lucky man. Everyone that met her, loved her. Everyone that didnt, missed out. I was fortunate to share a long stay with her, and i always enjoyed getting home from work and seeing her sitting at the table diligently working on her Spanish homework. She was and is, an amazing woman. 



Brittany.
My Nany. Its hard leaving it till here to talk about this girl. She left with a part of my heart. She left with cherished memories unlike others. I miss the other volunteers like crazy, but i ache for this girl. This one, does not need a paragraph to describe, though she gets one anyway, for anyone that sees her knows how special she really is. 





Heather and Lowrie. The girls from the UK. Some people always make you laugh, or leave you feeling like you should, regardless what they say. 2 girls that have a brilliant attitude toward life, and are always keen for a pint or two. 


So thats them, or a pick of them anyways. If you know them, you are blessed, as i know i am. Thats the selection of people i grew closest too, and want to see again, someday. Until then...

1 comment:

Brittany said...

PHil! I love this post. So perfect. Thanks for saying nice things about me...